Russia Tourist Visa Instructions
Provide your original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay in Russia, with at least two blank visa pages available for Russia visa stamp. Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for Russia visas. Must not be frayed, torn, separating, damaged or altered in any other way.
2. Photo Requirements
Two recent identical 2 x 2 passport type photographs in color, front view, and with a plain/white background. Do NOT Staple them to the visa form. The photographs must:
- Have been taken within the last six months
- No eyeglasses may be worn for the photographs
3. Russia Visa Application Form
One visa application form per applicant, plus a copy.
- Please use the password Unitedpvs1 to create your application, as the consulate might be required to make changes to your application.
- Signature must be original on each visa application.
- Improperly completed visa applications will delay the processing of your visa.
- Hand written applications will not be accepted.
4. Russian Voucher/Invite Letter
When applying for a Russia tourist visa you must provide an official hotel voucher and confirmation. This is obtained by contacting the hotel you are staying at and having them email or fax the documents to you.
If Staying at a Hotel
- Your visa will be valid from the dates included on your voucher and application
- These dates must match your entry/exit dates on your Russia visa application
- The company providing these documents should be duly registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and assigned a special reference number indicated on the "Confirmation Letter." You must know the name, in English, of company issuing the voucher
If Traveling on a Cruise
- Cruise ship passengers must provide a letter from the cruise company and a "Cruise Confirmation Letter" from the cruise company's partner agency in Russia.
- Ask your cruise operator for a copy of the "Cruise Confirmation Letter" prior to applying for a visa.
If Staying with Family or Friends
- If you are staying with a friend or relative, they must register with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Russia and request a "Private Invitation."
If Requesting a 3 Year Tourist Visas
- Travelers with passports valid for at least 42 months may apply for a 3 year visa by including this form. Processing time is 15-20 business days. Issuance of a 3 year visa is strictly at the discretion of the consulate.
5. Minors Requirements
Additional required documents for minors (under 18)
- A copy of the applicant's birth certificate.
- An original letter of consent signed by at least one parent, specifying who will be traveling with the child and authorizing the Consulate to issue a visa to the child.
- A copy of the information pages of both parents' valid, signed passports.
6. Status of Residency
Non-US Citizens must provide a photocopy proof of U.S. residency (Green card), or A valid U.S. non-immigrant visa, (US visa holders should have original I-94 or I-20 stapled to the passport)
Also the following will be required:
- Copy of Travel Itinerary: It must contain the name of passenger. it can be an electronic ticket or travel agent's reservation.
- Copy of Travel Insurance: Please provide travel insurance policy copy or letter from employment's insurance company or insurance card to prove that you have a valid insurance while you are in Russia.
- All Previous USSR Citizens Please Read Important Notes Below
Note: Certain citizens do not require a visa others are required to appear in person, contact us to verify.
7. United PVS Order Form
For us to process your visa request properly and timely, you must include our Order Form. Where you will provide your contact and shipping information, choose the visa processing needed and make your payment. You must print the completed form and send it to United PVS with all other supporting documents.
Visa Processing Time
Russia visas are usually processed in 12-15 business days. Rush or Express visa service may be available for additional fees.
Former USSR and Russian Citizens
Applicants who used to be citizens of the Russian Federation or of the USSR and then emigrated from the USSR or from Russia please submit the documents proving the loss of Russian citizenship. For example, expired passport of one of USSR republics, Israeli visa, Emigration stamp for "Postoyano mesto Zhitelstva" before 1992 February, copy of Naturalization Certificate, etc. otherwise the applications will not be accepted.
- Review instructions based on the purpose of journey to Russia
- Complete, print and sign all visa application forms, including United PVS Order Form
- Send all of the visa application requirements listed above to United PVS.
5670 Wilshire Blvd Suite 1800
Los Angeles, CA 90036