US Passport Renewal Requirements
U.S Passport Renewal Instructions
United Passport and Visa Services for US passport application is reliable and fast. Ready to travel then you realize that your Passport is expired? No problem, we can help you out with the stressful process. Check out the process and requirements.
How Do I Renew My U.S Passport?
You must gather all documents listed below.
- You courier the documents to United Passport and Visa Services for processing.
- We will process a new passport book with a new passport number and return the old passport to you.
- If you do not meet the Renewal criteria, please apply for New Passport.
What You will Need To Renew a U.S Passport
1. Physical Passport
Send us your undamaged expiring or expired (less than 5 year) Passport. We will return your old Passport along with your new Passport.
Note: The new Passport will have a different Passport number.
- If you do not have your Passport, you will need to apply for a New Passport
- If you have a temporary Passport, issued at a US Embassy overseas or other situation that resulted in a short term Passport issuance, you must include a certified birth certificate, past US Passport, or Naturalization Certificate.
2. Photo Requirements
Two recent identical 2x2 passport type photographs in color, front view, and with a plain/white background.Click here for details The photograph must:
- Have been taken within the last six months
- No eyeglasses may be worn for the photographs
3. U.S. Passport Application Form
Complete the DS-82 Form. This form must be completed online and printed on two separate pages (not back to back). The passport office will not accept hand-written DS-82 applications.
- Print two (2) copies of your completed DS-82 form with a 2D barcode.
- Improperly completed applications will delay the processing of your passport.
- Hand written applications will not be accepted.
4. Letter of Authorization
Please print two (2) identical signed Letters of Authorization.
- Both must have original signatures
- Each copy MUST contain your original signature preferably in Blue Ink.
A Letter of Authorization gives us the authority to submit your application and pick-up your passport when issued. We are only allowed to submit a certain number of passports each day. The additional names on the authorization letters are for our partner companies under whose name we may submit your application in order to provide the fastest available service.
5. Proof of Departure (Read Special Notes below)
Computer generated flight itinerary from the airline or a travel agency, copy of airline ticket or a corporate letter stating US departure by private aircraft.
- If you have not purchased your tickets, you may provide a company letter signed by a manager Sample template found here.
6. Name Change (if applicable)
If you have legally changed your name and you wish to have your new Passport issued with your new name, you must submit an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order showing the name change. Your new Passport will be issued in your new name.
7. Passport slot Appointment
A Passport submission appointment is necessary for express service, as we are limited on slots. Please contact us to make a reservation prior to shipping your documents.
- If you plan to order a visa in addition to your passport service, you must schedule this appointment before submitting any documentation to United PVS for processing.
8. Government Fee
As part of this process, you must provide one (1) personal payment to complete your application.
- You must provide a personal check, cashier’s check or purchase a money order made payable to the “US Department of State”, Please indicate the DOB in the memo field.
- For a passport book the fee is $170, for a passport book and card the fee is $200
- Starter checks for new bank accounts are NOT acceptable.
9. United PVS Order Form
For us to process your passport request properly and timely, you must include our Order Form. Where you will provide your contact and shipping information, choose the passport processing needed and make your payment. You must print the completed form and send it to United PVS with all other supporting documents.
WAIT! - DO NOT ship your documents to us without first communicating with our office.
All expedited passports must have a travel itinerary with an anticipated travel date of 16 days to a country that does not require a travel visa or within 30 days to a country that requires a travel visa.
Domestic travel does not qualify.
United Passport and Visa Services cannot fulfill processing times if your passport application is suspended by the Passport Agency. Below please find most frequent reasons in which you may not be eligible for a passport or your passport application may be suspended:
- You owe child support in excess of $2,000.00
- You are on probation which restricts international travel
- You have an outstanding criminal warrant against you which prohibits travel outside the U.S.
- You owe the government a repatriation loan
- Your check written to the Department of State for a previous passport did not have sufficient funds.
- Additional documentation may be requested by the Department of State.
This is an exception to the normal processing of the application. It is typically requested to further clarify your identity.
Passport Processing Time
U.S Passport processing time is 12 Business Days, please plan accordingly. Rush and Express processing is available at an additional fee.
Processing times are based on the US Department of State business days: Monday through Friday only. Saturday, Sunday, and US Holidays do not count as business days. The day documents are received do not count as a processing day. United Passport and Visa Services cannot fulfill processing times if your passport application is suspended by the Passport Agency.
How to Apply For a US Passport Renewal
- Review instructions based on obtaining a renewal passport
- Complete and print all passport application forms, including United PVS Order Form
- Send all of the visa application requirements listed above to United PVS.
Send Documents via FedEx Priority Overnight:
ATTN: Frank C.
5670 Wilshire Blvd Suite 1800
Los Angeles, CA 90036
USPS and UPS are not recommended, but are optional. Please plan accordingly