New US Passport Requirements
New U.S Passport Instructions
United Passport and Visa Services for US passport application is reliable and fast. If you are a U.S. citizen or recently naturalized and want to travel outside the USA, You will need a Passport. A Passport is a legal travel document with all your information and is accepted around the world as your identification document. Check out the process and requirements.
ATTENTION: A MANDATORY APPEARANCE TO THE U.S. POST OFFICE IS REQUIRED.
How do I obtain a New U.S Passport?
You must gather all documents listed below to take to an Acceptance Agent.
What You will Need For a New or Lost U.S Passport
1. Proof of Citizenship
Old undamaged issued passport over 15 years ago OR Original certified issued Birth Certificate OR Naturalization Certificate.
- proof of citizenship must be original or certified copy. NO photocopies are accepted.
- If you do not meet the requirements view Secondary Evidence of US Citizenship
2. Photo Requirements
Two recent identical 2x2 passport type photographs in color, front view, and with a plain/white background.Click here for details The photograph must:
- Have been taken within the last six months
- No eyeglasses may be worn for the photographs
3. U.S. Passport Application Form
Complete the DS-11 Form. This form must be completed online and printed on two separate pages (not back to back). The passport office will not accept hand-written DS-11 applications.
NOTE: If the applicant has lost a valid passport a DS-64 Form will be generated during the application process, asking how the passport was lost or stolen.
- Print two (2) copies of your completed DS-11 form with a 2D barcode.
- One form must be endorsed and enclosed inside a sealed envelope, and the other copy must be attached to the outside of the sealed envelope. (See detailed instructions below on A Sealed Envelope.)
- Improperly completed applications will delay the processing of your passport.
- Hand written applications will not be accepted.
4. Letter of Authorization
Please email us the applicant's full name as it appears on the passport and a contact phone number, as we have multiple sub-centers available, we will find the latest available slot based on your process speed and provide you with the Letter of Authorization.
- Put two original signed letter inside the sealed envelope, and attach another original signed letter to the outside of the sealed envelope.
A Letter of Authorization gives us the authority to submit your application and pick-up your passport when issued. We are only allowed to submit a certain number of passports each day. The additional names on the authorization letters are for our partner companies under whose name we may submit your application in order to provide the fastest available service.
5. Proof of Departure (Read Special Notes below)
Computer generated flight itinerary from the airline or a travel agency, copy of airline ticket or a corporate letter stating US departure by private aircraft.
- Make a copy of the proof of departure and attach the copy to the outside of the sealed envelope and one in the inside of the sealed envelope.
- If you have not purchased your tickets provide a company letter signed by a manager Sample template found here.
6. Copy of State or Driver License
You must present proof of identity such as a driver's license (which has been issued for at least 6 months). A copy of both sides of the photo ID must be included inside the sealed envelope.
- If you cannot submit primary identification, please see Secondary Identification
7. Passport slot Appointment
A Passport submission appointment is necessary and the sealed package must be filed within 48 hours from the date the application is signed and sealed, we advise on sealing on a friday or weekend. Please contact us to make a reservation prior to shipping your documents.
- If you plan to order a visa in addition to your passport service, you must schedule this appointment before submitting any documentation to United PVS for processing.
8. Government Fee
As part of this process, you must provide two personal payments to complete your application.
- You must bring a personal check, cashier’s check or purchase a money order for $170 made payable to the “US Department of State”, Please indicate your DOB in the memo field. This will be included in your sealed package.
- A separate endorsement fee of $35 will be charged by the Post Office or the Clerk of Court and in most cases can be paid by credit card or cash.
9. United PVS Order Form
For us to process your passport request properly and timely, you must include our Order Form. Where you will provide your contact and shipping information, choose the passport processing needed and make your payment. You must print the completed form and send it to United PVS with all other supporting documents.
- This order form does not go inside the sealed package.
WAIT! - DO NOT ship your documents to us without first communicating with our office.
All expedited passports must have a travel itinerary with an anticipated travel date of 16 days to a country that does not require a travel visa or within 30 days to a country that requires a travel visa.
Domestic travel does not qualify.
A Sealed Envelope
When appearing at a Passport Acceptance office you will be submitting all of your documents, the government fee and photos. The officer will review these documents, verify your identity, put them in an envelope and seal it. They will then hand the sealed package back to you. Once you have the sealed package in your hands, you in turn send that to United PVS for expediting immediately.
Passport Processing Time
New or Lost U.S Passport processing time is 6-8 Business Days, please plan accordingly. Express processing is not available at the moment.
Processing times are based on the US Department of State business days: Monday through Friday only. Saturday, Sunday, and US Holidays do not count as business days. The day documents are received do not count as a processing day. United Passport and Visa Services cannot fulfill processing times if your passport application is suspended by the Passport Agency.
How to Apply For a New or Lost US Passport
- Review instructions based on obtaining a new passport
- Complete and print all passport application forms, including United PVS Order Form
- Send all of the visa application requirements listed above to United PVS.
Send Documents via FedEx Priority Overnight:
ATTN: Frank C.
5670 Wilshire Blvd Suite 1800
Los Angeles, CA 90036
USPS and UPS are not recommended, but are optional. Please plan accordingly