China Tourist Visa Service
China Tourist (L Type) Visa Instructions
United Passport and Visa Services for China Tourist visa application is reliable, fast and obtained in as little as 2 days. China visa support for Tourist travel to China, we can obtain your China Tourist visa in time for your trip.
WAIT! - DO NOT ship your documents to us without first communicating with our office.
What You will Need For a China Tourist Visa
1. Passport Requirements
Provide your original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay in China, with at least two blank visa pages available for China visa stamp. Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for China visas. Must not be frayed, torn, separating, damaged or altered in any other way.
2. Photo Requirements
Two recent identical 2x2 passport type photographs in color, front view, and with a plain/white background. Do NOT Staple them to the visa form. The photographs must:
- Have been taken within the last six months
- No eyeglasses may be worn for the photographs
3. Driver License
You must provide a copy of your driver’s license: Your copy must display your home address as it appears on your visa application form.
- If the address on your license does not match your residence, you must include a notarized letter stating where you live with a notarized copy of a major utility bill (Water, Power, Gas, Sewage only). A notarized copy of your lease or mortgage agreement will also be accepted.
- No P.O Box Address will be accepted.
- This is to provide proof of residency for the consular district.
- Click here Sample letter, that can be used and notarized
4. China Visa Application Form
One visa application form per applicant, plus one copy.
- Signature must be original on each visa application.
- All fields must be filled, include N/A to any blank field.
- Improperly completed visa applications will delay the processing of your visa.
- Hand written applications will not be accepted.
5. Minors (under 18)
A copy of the birth certificate for all minors under 18 as well as a copy of parents' passports is required. If the parent does not have a passport, then a parental letter of authorization may be accepted instead with copy of ID.
- When applying for a child with Chinese parents, the applicant must also provide proof of parents' status in the United States.
6. Media Professionals
If you are a media professional or employed by a media company, you must submit a separate letter from your employer on company letterhead indicating that you will not be performing any media related work (i.e. performance, filming, journalism, etc.).
7. Proof of Travel Arrangements
Computer generated flight itinerary from the airline or copy of airline ticket showing roundtrip travel to China. also
- An invitation letter for tourist group by a duly authorized tourist unit, or
- Confirmed hotel reservation showing the traveler’s full name, or
- An invitation letter issued by an individual in China along with the photocopy of the ID and Passport of the individual is required. If the invitation letter is from a Non-Chinese citizen, a copy of their status in China is required.
8. Non-US Residency Status
If you are NOT a U.S. Citizen, provide a photocopy of proof of U.S. residency (Green card), or A valid U.S. non-immigrant visa, (US visa holders should provide their I-797 and have the original I-94 or I-20 stapled to the passport)
- Only Residents of these states can apply Arizona, Southern California, Hawaii, New Mexico, and Pacific Islands.
- Also a NOTARIZED statement declaring that you are currently in the USA at the time of applying for the China visa.
9. Non-US Personal Apperance
The Chinese Consulate requires the following nationalities to appear in person for an interview when applying for a visa to China at their corresponding jurisdiction.
Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Chad, Congo, Egypt, France, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Lybia, Malia, Mongolia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Taiwan, Tajik, Tunisia Turkey and Yemen.
10. United PVS Order Form
For us to process your visa request properly and timely, you must include our Order Form. Where you will provide your contact and shipping information, choose the visa processing needed and make your payment. You must print the completed form and send it to United PVS with all other supporting documents.
Visa Processing Time
There is no rush processing for EU passport holders, only regular processing is available per the Chinese Consulates instructions.
China Tourist visa processing time is 5 Tourist days, please plan accordingly. Rush processing is available to certain applicants.
Processing times are based on the China consulate Tourist days: Monday through Friday only. Saturday, Sunday, China and US Holidays do NOT count as Tourist days. The day received may not count as a processing day.
Previous Chinese Visa
If you've recently renewed your passport in the past 7 months and were previously issued a China visa please submit your previous original passport with the new passport.
Hong Kong or Macau Travel
Visiting Hong Kong or Macau is considered leaving China. You must obtain a multiple entry visa if you leave Mainland China to visit Hong Kong and Macau with the intention to re-enter the mainland before finally departing from China.
Chinese Born Citizens
If you were born in China, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwan:
- You must write your name in Chinese characters for question 1.3 on the visa application form
- If the applicant's name has changed since birth, please provide a copy of the court order or marriage certificate showing the name change.
- Copy of a previously issued Chinese visa or copy of the information page from your Chinese, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwanese passport. Note: You will be required to submit the original passport with your application.
- If you are a minor who was adopted from China you must also include your original adoption papers and a copy of them as well
- If applicable, include a copy of your naturalization papers and U.S. birth certificate.
How to Apply For a China Tourist Visa
Residents of these states pay the OOJ fee*:
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California (Northern), Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
- Review instructions based on the purpose of journey to China
- Complete, print and sign all visa application forms, including United PVS Order Form
- Send all of the visa application requirements listed above to United PVS.
Send Documents via FedEx Priority Overnight:
ATTN: Frank C.
5670 Wilshire Blvd Suite 1800
Los Angeles, CA 90036
USPS and UPS are not recommended, but are optional. Please plan accordingly.