China Student (X) Visa Instructions
Provide your original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay in China, with at least two blank visa pages available for China visa stamp. Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for China visas. Must not be frayed, torn, separating, damaged or altered in any other way.
2. Photo Requirements
Two recent identical 2x2 passport type photographs in color, front view, and with a plain/white background. Do NOT Staple them to the visa form. The photographs must:
- Have been taken within the last six months
- No eyeglasses may be worn for the photographs
3. China Visa Application Form
Two visa application forms per applicant properly completed and signed.
- Signature must be original on each visa application.
- Improperly completed visa applications will delay the processing of your visa.
- Hand written applications will not be accepted.
4. Admission Letter
(X1 Visa) - Original and photocopy of the Admission Letter issued by a school or other entities in China.
(X2 Visa) - Original and photocopy of Admission Notice issued by a school or other entities in China.
Note: for foreigners who want to apply for Chinese Medical Internship, the original and a copy of Application Form for Medical Internship and Admission Notice for training in practice issued by the university are required.
5. Invitation Letter (for X1 application only)
Original or photocopy of the approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW201 or JW202) issued by the relevant Chinese school. The Foreign Student Visa Application Form must be signed by both the applicant and the school.
6. Proof of Travel Arrangements
Computer generated flight itinerary from the airline or copy of airline ticket showing roundtrip travel to China.
7. Status of Residency
Non-US Citizens must provide a photocopy proof of U.S. residency (Green card), or A valid U.S. non-immigrant visa, (US visa holders should have original I-94 or I-20 stapled to the passport)
- Also a NOTARIZED statement declaring that you are currently in the USA must be submitted.
Note: The following citizens must appear in person at their corresponding jurisdiction.
Bangladesh, Congo, Egypt, France, Ghana, Iran, Mangolia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Taiwan and Turkey
8. United PVS Order Form
For us to process your visa request properly and timely, you must include our Order Form. Where you will provide your contact and shipping information, choose the visa processing needed and make your payment. You must print the completed form and send it to United PVS with all other supporting documents.
Visa Processing Time
China visas are usually processed in 5 business days. Rush and Express visa service may be available for additional fees.
Student visa fees vary according to the nationality of the passport holder.
Click Here For China Consulate Fees
Type of Student Visas
X1; Issued to those who intend to study in China for a period of more than 180 days.
X2; Issued to those who intend to study in China for a period of no more than 180 days.
Previous Chinese Visa
If you've recently renewed your passport in the past 7 months and were previously issued a China visa please submit your previous original passport with the new passport.
Chinese Born Citizens
If you were born in China, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwan:
- You must write your name in Chinese characters for question 1.3 on the visa application form
- If the applicant's name has changed since birth, please provide a copy of the court order or marriage certificate showing the name change.
- Copy of a previously issued Chinese visa or copy of the information page from your Chinese, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwanese passport. Note: You will be required to submit the original passport with your application.
- If you are a minor who was adopted from China you must also include your original adoption papers and a copy of them as well
- If applicable, include a copy of your naturalization papers and U.S. birth certificate.
For urgent visa applications which carry a tight deadline, we offer a SOS Review service to save applicants valuable time.
- Review instructions based on the purpose of journey to China
- Complete, print and sign all visa application forms, including United PVS Order Form
- Send all of the visa application requirements listed above to United PVS.
5670 Wilshire Blvd Suite 1800
Los Angeles, CA 90036