Brazil e-Visa Service
How It Works
The Brazilian Government issues two types of visas: An e Visa (electronic visa) and a traditional visa stamped into your passport.
The Electronic Visa is valid for 2 years into Brazil for a maximum stay of up to 90 days per entry, up to 180 days per year. It is very easy to apply for and does not require sending your physical passport to United Passport and Visa Service. It can be issued in as little as 5-7 business days (Monday - Friday) and is a cost-effective option. The Brazil e-visa will be processed and issued electronically and sent to you by email.
A Traditional Stamped Visa is valid for multiple entries into Brazil good for up to 10 years from the date of issue for a stay up to 90 days, and extendable for up to an additional 90 days while in the country. This option requires your physical passport and supporting documents to be sent to United Passprt and Visa Service for submission to the Brazilian Consulate for processing. Slightly more complicated to apply for this option is best if you require a long validity as you may intend to return to Brazil after two years.
In order to qualify as a visitor, you must; hold a US, Canada, Australia or Canada Passport and be travelling for the purpose of tourism*, business*, transit, sports activities or artistic performances (stays of up to 90 days). Those travelling to Brazil for purposes other than just visiting must apply for their visas in the traditional way.
*Tourism: sightseeing, informative trips, cultural trips, educational trips, leisure, family visit, conferences, seminars, congresses, meetings, volunteer work (less than 90 days), religious activities (less than 90 days), research, teaching and academic extension (less than 90 days).
- *Business: business meetings and events, fairs, journalistic coverage, filming, reporting, visiting prospective clients, buyers or partners, signing contracts, auditing, consulting, aircraft or ship crew members (less than 90 days).
While rare, in some cases e-Visa applications are denied in which case applicant must apply for a traditional paper visa. In these rare cases, application and processing fees are non-refundable.
Known Reasons for Denial of Brazilian tourist and business eVisa
If you answer "Yes" to any of the following basic questions, you will need to seek a traditional paper visa for Brazil:
- Have you been denied a visa to Brazil previously?
- Have been ejected or deported from Brazil?
- Have you ever been on a "no-fly" or sanctions list?
- Have you ever overstayed the terms of a Brazilian visa?
You can still apply for a traditional 10 year Brazil visa without having to appear at the consulate. Click Here!
Not sure if your trip applies?
Check our FAQ to find out
What You Will Need For A Brazil Tourist or Business e-Visa
1. Passport Requirements
Provide a color photocopy of your signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay in Brazil (originally 1 month), you do not have to ship in your passport.
- Must have at least two blank visa pages available for Brazil visa stamps upon arrival and detarture.
- Must not be frayed, torn, separating, damaged or altered in any other way.
2. Photo Requirements
One recent 2x2 passport type photograph in color, front view, and with a plain/white background, Scanned or taken with a phone/camera and sent to us. The photographs must:
- Have been taken within the last six months
- No eyeglasses may be worn for the photographs
3. Brazil tourist and business e-Visa Application Form
One e-visa application form per applicant.
- The application will be sent to us once completed, and you will be contacted to forward the passport scan and photo once received.
- Improperly completed visa applications will delay the processing of your visa.
4. Requirement For Minors (under 18) (download form here)
If the applicant is a minor (i.e below 18 years of age as on date of application) than they will have to upload additional supporting documents of the parents as listed below. If the applicant selects both parents then they will have to upload the passport biodata pages,the photographs of both the parents and an authorization letter signed by both parents. You can download the authorization letter here.
- Both parent/legal guardian's passport data page
- Seperate 2x2 or digital photo of both parent/legal guardians.
- If only 1 parent's detail is provided than additional document to justify must be scanned(e.g. authorization form, death certificate, birth certificate, single parent custody legal document etc.)
9. United PVS Order Form
For us to process your visa request properly and timely, you must include our Order Form. Where you will provide your contact and email information. You must complete the form and send it to United PVS with all other supporting documents, this form will either be emailed to you once the application is submitted or it will be on the application form itself.
Visa Processing Time
Brazil tourist and business e-visas processing time is 5-7 business days, please plan accordingly.
Processing times are based on the Brazil consulate business days: Monday through Friday only. Saturday, Sunday, Brazil and US Holidays do NOT count as business days. The day received may not count as a processing day.
How To Apply For A Brazil Business or Tourist e-Visa
- Review instructions based on the purpose of journey to Brazil
- Complete and scan/send visa application form
- Send all of the visa application requirements listed above to United PVS.